Syrian street food is some of the most flavorful and unique in the world. From kafta kebabs to falafel, there is something for everyone to enjoy. These recipes will help you recreate some of the most popular dishes from Syria. With a little bit of effort, you can enjoy the same delicious food that is served on the streets of Damascus.
1 lb. ground lamb
1 onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 cup water
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup currants
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1. In a large bowl, combine ground lamb, diced onion, allspice, cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, parsley, mint, cilantro, rice, diced tomatoes with their juice, tomato paste, and 1 cup of water. Mix well, and form into small balls.
2. In a separate bowl, combine raisins, almonds, walnuts, currants, pine nuts, salt, and cayenne pepper.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped onion, and cook until both are lightly browned.
4. Raise heat to medium-high, and add lamb balls to the skillet. Cook until browned on all sides.
5. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in the raisin mixture. Cook until all the ingredients are heated through.
6. Serve on a bed of cooked rice.
What is the famous food of Syria?
The famous food of Syria is the kebab. It is a skewer of meat, usually lamb, that is grilled over an open fire. The kebab is a very popular dish in Syria and is often served with rice or bread.
What is a typical Syrian meal?
There is no such thing as a “typical” Syrian meal because Syrian cuisine is so diverse and varied. However, there are some common staples that are often included in Syrian dishes. These staples include rice, lentils, chickpeas, wheat, and barley. Syrian dishes often also incorporate a variety of vegetables, including tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and garlic. And of course, no Syrian meal would be complete without some form of bread.
What do people in Syria eat for lunch?
In Syria, lunch is typically the main meal of the day. It is usually a light meal consisting of bread, vegetables, and yogurt.
What Syrians eat for breakfast?
There is no one answer to this question as the Syrian diet varies depending on region and culture. However, some common breakfast foods in Syria include hummus, labneh, bread, olives, and cheese. Breakfast is typically a light meal in Syria, and many people start their day with a cup of coffee or tea.
It’s clear that Syrians know a thing or two about good food. The recipes in this article are a great example of the delicious, healthy and varied food that can be found on the streets of Syria. I’m sure that anyone who tries these recipes will be impressed by the flavor and variety of Syrian street food.
There are many delicious Syrian street food recipes available online. However, some of these recipes may be high in fat and calories, and may not be suitable for everyone. It is important to read the recipe instructions carefully before cooking any Syrian street food dish.
You may also be interested in: Street Food Recipes